Monday, January 16, 2006

Keepin' it short

Just before Christmas, I had a peer evaluate me at a game in downtown Portland. I had no idea that he was going to do this, nor did I really want him to since it was a hard game to officiate. I felt I had not done a very good job, but surprisingly enough he gave me a score of 88 out of 100. I suppose what you feel inside, the standards you hold yourself to, are nothing like what anyone else does. I personally would have given myself a 70 for the game he saw, but there have been games I would give myself 150 on. It depends on the day, the amount of rest, food, water, ibuprofen….

This week was cool; I had a kid throw-up on the floor at the beginning of a game. We had lined up for free throws and just as the ball was given to the shooter, this boy just tossed his cookies all over the lane! It was all liquids, thank God! I’ve never had this happen before in a game. It turns out he was just really nervous and got the jitters out by throwing-up. I later joked that I should have called a lane violation on him because he wasn’t able to keep his puke inside the free throw lane lines. Well, I know it’s a sick joke.

I’ve been having knee problems lately, my left knee is popping, snapping and crackling. I’m a bit worried I am over doing it with the amount of games, and I have no health insurance to cover injuries. Not smart, but if anyone has any ideas, please leave a comment. I am not inspired lately to write too much, so I’m keeping this short.

Dave

No comments: